1. Download the StatsWAE.zip file and extract the files to the Plugins MixW folder.
This folder is created at MixW installation by default (if You agreedwith MixW offers on installation)
for version 2.19 in the MixW folder,
- for version 2.20 above:
- for WinXP in the C:\Documents and Setting\user\Application Data\MixW folder
- for Vista, Win7 and Win8 C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\MixW
The archive contains the statistics module StatsWAE.dll and an example of macros darc-wae-rtty.mc suitable for use during the contest.
2. We start MixW. We choose from the main menu "View" "Contest Mode" (Fig. 1)
3. There will be a "List Of Contest". We choose "Add New" (Fig. 2).
4. There will be a window "contest setting" . In the field the “Name” (Fig. 3) enter the contest name.
In the field of Start enter date and time of the beginning of competitions. In the field of End enter date
and time of the end of competitions
5. In the appeared window Fig.4 choose DARC-WAEDC-RTTY (C) and press the Select button – thus you will return to the Contest settings
window for competitions (Fig. 5)
6. It is best of all to use macros for each contest. Therefore write them
in advance and put in the Plugins folder. When writing, except usual macros,
you will need five additional macros.
Two of them obligatory: (in an example they appear when pressing the Shift button
and respectively a QTC broadcast - Shift+F1 Shift+F2 reception)
- QTC broadcast - contents of this the macro following <STATS:SendQTC>
- QTC reception - contents of this the macro following <STATS:ReadQTC>
Three recommendations: (in an example they appear when pressing the Shift button
and respectively the invitation – Shift+F3 a request – Shift+F4, apologies on the
main panel under the F12 button))
The invitation of the correspondent to accept QTC – contents following <TX> I HAVE QTC FOR YOU. YOU READY? <RX>
The request to transfer for you QTC – contents following <TX> of YOU HAVE QTC FOR ME? <RX>
Apologies that can't accept or transfer QTC – contents following <TX>SRI,NO QTC. 73 !<RX>
If you decided to use the offered example of macros or wrote, them to connect that time.
For this purpose to the right of the field Macro press the button with three points.
There will be a standard form of a choice of the file of Fig. 6
7. Specify a way to necessary macro and press to Open thus you will return the Control window
for competitions (Fig.7)
8. Control is ended – we press OK. Thus you will return to fig.8 List of Contest window
9. For activation of contest we will choose the test as you called it, in this case DARC-WAE-RTTY we
will press to Choose and Close or make a double click on DARC-WAE-RTTY there Will be the main MixW
window (Fig.8) in a mode of competitions
10. The Setup DARC WAEDC RTTY window (Fig. 9) in the field of New test will be
displayed establish a tick. It becomes once before contest. At program
restart (for example at a break in work also stop programs) it isn't necessary to do.
Fields Call_Area, MultDXCC, Ext. DXCC are intended for display of the accounting of mults
The field QTC for Send shows quantity of possible QTC for transfer to the correspondent
11. For a conclusion of operational statistics press View the Statistics; show contest statistics. Fig. 9.
P.S. A short tutorial YouTube video can be viewed here
12. Work other stations as normal for an RTTY contest, until an exchange of QTC is requested.
You can start a QTC exchange if you have made one completed contest QSO since your last QTC exchange.
QTC an exchange is possible only between stations located on different continents.
One QTC exchange can't exceed more than 10 groups for each station. It is possible to approach repeatedly to
the remote station to execute further QTC exchanges if you have untransferred QTCs
To you can already approach after station with which you carried out usual test QSO, for the purpose of an
exchange of QTC is correctly QTC an exchange is thus carried out only.
13. The main receptions at QTC an exchange:
15.1 You the initiator of QTC of an exchange and you want to give QTC to the correspondent.
- After an exchange of control numbers you start macro with the offer to accept QTC (in an example it is Shift+F3)
- If the correspondent is ready, as a rule, he answers the I QRV and awaits reception.
- You carry out macro preparations for transfer (in an example it is Shift+F1) – there is a window of a QTC broadcast (Fig.11)
- For a QTC broadcast press the Send All button (Fig. 11). If the correspondent accepted everything truly (as a rule
ALL OK 73 SK answer follows), for saving of information on QTC press the SAVE QTC button.
Thus there will be a preservation as QSO and information on QTC an exchange.
- if the correspondent had a failure at reception, it can ask to give once again concrete QTC (PSE AGN QTC 4 4 4)
In this case it is necessary to press the button with corresponding QTC.
Sometimes don't accept number and quantity of QTC-then the Send button #QTC
- if you already kept QSO, and QTC didn't carry out an exchange (well for example were mistaken) and you want it to
carry out, after you start macro with the offer to accept QTC (in an example it is Shift+F3)
and at an affirmative answer of the correspondent you carry out macro preparations for transfer (in an example it is Shift+F1),
at first there will be a window of input of the signal correspondent and after input there will be a QTC broadcast window.
P.S. A short tutorial YouTube video can be viewed here
15.2 You the initiator of QTC of an exchange and you ask the correspondent to give you QTC.
- After an exchange of control numbers you start macro with a request to transfer for you QTC (in an example it is Shift+F4)
- If the correspondent is ready, he reports as a rule (R UR QRV) and waits from you for readiness confirmation.
- You carry out macro preparations for reception (in an example it is Shift+F2) – there is a window of reception of QTC (Fig.12)
You press the Rx Ready button and the correspondent begins transfer. Reception of QTC will go in an automatic mode.
(Fig. 13) If everything is accepted correctly – press the SAVE QTC button. Thus confirmation of reception and
information on QTC will go to air an exchange and QSO will be kept to the log.
- If any QTC is accepted with mistakes – that we press the Agn button with number of the corresponding QTC. The correspondent
will repeat the necessary QTC.
- If any QTC at reception was passed, for example the sixth QTC is absent and on its place there is the seventh, it is
necessary to insert a line and to accept unaccepted QTC, then we press the Ins button with number of the corresponding
QTC there will be an empty line and press the Agn button with number of the necessary QTC. The correspondent will repeat
the necessary QTC and you will be able to finish QTC an exchange.
P.S. P.S. A short tutorial YouTube video can be viewed here .
15.3 Reception can be conducted and in a manual mode. For this purpose expose a tick at Manual. Wait the ends of transfer of
the correspondent. Allocate with a mouse (only a mouse! ! ! ) necessary information and when closing a key of a mouse there
will be a window in which you will choose Add to statistics, at its choice the accepted information will be placed in a window
of reception of QTC. (Fig.14) (Fig.15)
P.S. A short tutorial YouTube video of QTC manual capture can be viewed here
16. The contest is ended.
17. For creation of the report press the button “glasses” (Fig. 16)
18. Execute actions as on Fig. 17
19. Press the Display !!! button. There will be a field of the log of Fig.18
20. Allocate all communications and press the Cabrillo button. There will be a form of a choice of formation
of the report of STF or Cabrillo. Choose the necessary form – after that there will be a form of the report of fig. 19
21. We fill a form and we press OK.
P.S. A short tutorial YouTube video on the creation of the report can be viewed here
For cancellation of a mode of the competitions Choose from the Main Menu,
To choose and Close. MixW – in a usual mode.
· Translate Nickolay (UI9O) and Colin (2E0BPP) 73 !